- How to Enter Terms
- Enter each term in a separate search box; More than one term typed per search box will be interpreted as a phrase. Use the Boolean menu; AND/OR/NOT typed into the search fields will be ignored.
- Broaden your search by using an asterisk * or question mark ? (e.g., corn* will find corncrib, cornball, cornucopia ... and wom?n will find woman and women).
- Search by Year
- By default, all publication years will be searched. Narrow your results by searching one year or a range (e.g., 1958 or 1958 to 1960). A year or year range search can be executed without entering search terms.
- Using Filters
- Selecting filters will further narrow your results. All filters are set to search all the articles by default.
- Filter by Article Type
- The IMH consists of three main article types: scholarly articles (articles for short), book reviews and editorial materials. Use this filter to narrow results to such articles. By default, all article types are searched.
- Filter by Article Features
- The IMH contains reprints of primary source materials such as letters and diaries among others. A significant number of articles also contain bibliographies. Use this filter to narrow your search for articles that contain letters, diaries or bibliographies.