Search within this document:
Biography: J. Edward Roush, 1969
Roush, J. Edward
14, 1969; June 19, 1969; June 20, 1969
94 pages; 4 tapes, 3 3/4 ips, 225 minutes; no
J. Edward Roush, born 1920, was a United States Representative
(D) from northern Indiana. He speaks about his elections during the nineteen
sixties, monetary contributions, and the vote recount he endured. He discusses
many of the projects he worked to get passed, particularly the Indiana Dunes
National Lakeshore and the flood control reservoirs, as well as his
contribution to the House Committee on Science and Aeronautics during the
crucial beginnings of space exploration.
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore
- House Committee on Science and Astronautics
- United States Representative
- Branigan, Roger D.
- Johnson, Lyndon Baines
- Powell, Adam C.
- Welsh, Matthew E.
- Washington, DC
- 1966 Civil Rights Act
- 1968 Presidential Campaign
- flood control
- John F. Kennedy assassination
- legislation staff
- open housing
- political campaign contributions
- unidentified flying objects
- vote recount
- youth scholarship trips