Search within this document:
Mental Health Care in Indiana, 1977
Meyer, Martin W.
34 pages; 1 reel, 1 7/8 ips, 1 hour 20 minutes; index; 2
book chapters; Indiana Department of Mental Health Annual Report, 1974; flyer
Barrows, Robert G.
Scope and Content Note
Martin Meyer, born May 16, 1919, discusses the changes in
Indiana mental health facilities and legislation since 1953. He describes his
role as the director of the Indiana Division of Planning and Evaluation. Meyer
explains the process of the establishment of mental health centers and state
hospitals in Indiana. He also describes the role of federal and state
government in the growth of mental health facilities.
- Darnell Hospital
- Indiana Department of Mental Health
- Indiana Division of Planning and Evaluation
- Indiana Mental Health and Mental Retardation Planning
- Indiana Mental Health Center Administration
- United States Veterans Administration in Special
- Craig, George N.
- Danville, Kentucky
- New York, New York
- 1963 Community Mental Health Center Act
- activity therapy
- community mental health centers
- mental illness
- physical rehabilitation
- single system of care
- state hospitals