Archives Photograph Collection

preview image
title:

Home of Masonic Fraternity

image number:

P0052259

description:

This image scanned from the loose photograph collection of Frank H. Levell (AB 1920).

The Masonic Fraternity was formed in the fall of 1916 by members of the Masonic order at Indiana University. Membership was limited to sons of The Masons.

This home stood on the south side of Kirkwood Avenue where the parking lot is today (2014) in between Kilroy's (502 E. Kirkwood) and Underground Printing (512 E. Kirkwood).

This home later became the home of Phi Omega Pi sorority.

date taken:

circa 1918

photographer studio:

Levell, Frank Harrell ?

accession number:

2009/064

building name:

Masonic Fraternity

building name:

Phi Omega Pi

corporate name:

Masonic Fraternity

corporate name:

Phi Omega Pi

topic:

Fraternal lodges

topic:

Houses

city:

Bloomington

state:

Indiana

other place name:

Kirkwood Avenue (510 East)

series:

Buildings & Grounds