Archives Photograph Collection

preview image
title:

DeVault Alumni Center

image number:

P0049199

description:

According to Jerry Tardy (page 5 of the November/December 1991 issue of the Indiana Alumni Magazine) the Alumni Association moved from quarters in Maxwell Hall to the Indiana Memorial Union in 1932 at which time the staff consisted of George F. "Dixie" Heighway, Claude Rich, Lucretia Crill and two support staff. In 1959 the Alumni Association moved into new quarters in the Indiana Memorial Union's new east wing. In 1991 the Alumni Association moved to space in Fountain Square Mall on the south side of the Monroe County Courthouse Square.

The Alumni Association would later move to the building seen here.

date taken:

1997

accession number:

2008/036.2

copyright owner:

Indiana University

building name:

Administrative Services Building (1963)

building name:

DeVault Alumni Center, Virgil T. (1963)

corporate name:

Alumni Association, Indiana University

topic:

Exterior

city:

Bloomington

state:

Indiana

other place name:

Seventeenth Street (1000 East)

series:

Buildings & Grounds