Archives Photograph Collection

preview image
title:

Hillside Trailer Court

image number:

P0044807

description:

Top of this image is north.

At lower left is the intersection of South Henderson Street and East Hillside Drive. On the northeast corner can be seen the old Hillside Trailer Court which today (2013) is the site of Templeton Elementary School.

Just to the south of the last two rows of trailers along the north side of the trailer court can be seen the old IU Health Center (a.k.a. "Pest House"). See image P0022870.

This is a detail from a 1949 aerial image of Bloomington that can be found on the Indiana Spatial Data Portal's Historic Bloomington Aerial Photos site here: http://gis.iu.edu/datasetInfo/local/bloomington_historic.php

The specific image number at that site is 94-1949 (NOTE: the original images are housed with the Bloomington City Engineers.)

date taken:

1949 May 11

donor image number:

200-1949

use restrictions:

Any and all requests for use of this image should be made through the entities noted in the description field above.

building name:

Templeton Elementary School

building name:

Health Center, Old (Pest House)

topic:

World War II

topic:

Trailers

topic:

Aerial views

city:

Bloomington

state:

Indiana

other place name:

Hillside Trailer Court

other place name:

Henderson Street (South)

other place name:

Hillside Drive (East)

other place name:

Brenda Lane (East)

other place name:

Brenda Avenue (South)

other place name:

Fess Avenue (South)

other place name:

Stull Avenue (South)

series:

Buildings & Grounds