Archives Photograph Collection

preview image
title:

Third Power Plant

image number:

P0036703

description:

This thirds power plant was built in 1905. The architect was John L. Nichols of Bloomington.

The building was located approximately where the University Club portion of the Union Building is today (2012). After a fire at this building on September 24, 1929 a fourth and larger power plant was built at the same site.

This image shows the southern side of the building with Jordan Field at right and a portion of the first Assembly Hall at left. This Assembly Hall was located where the small parking lot directly east of Owen Hall is today (2012).

date taken:

Circa 1910

photographer studio:

Nichols, John Lincoln (architect)

building name:

Power Plant 3 (1905)

building name:

Assembly Hall (1896)

corporate name:

Physical Plant

topic:

Power plants

topic:

Smokestacks

city:

Bloomington

state:

Indiana

other place name:

Jordan Field

series:

Buildings & Grounds

subseries:

Power Plant 3