Archives Photograph Collection

preview image
title:

The Dunn Family Home

image number:

P0034821

description:

The house was built in 1824 by Samuel Dunn, Jr. (1784-1849). The home passed to his son, George Grundy Dunn, Sr. (1812-1857) who then passed it on to his son Moses Fell Dunn (1843-1915). It was from Moses Fell Dunn as well as George G. Dunn, Jr. and his wife Euphemia Riley Dunn that in 1885 the Board of Trustees of Indiana University first purchased 20 acres when they were looking to relocate the campus from its location at Seminary Square (Second Street and College Avenue).

The house stood where the Men's gymnasium (HPER / Wildermuth Fieldhouse) was built in 1917.

date taken:

1900 ?

building name:

Men's Gymnasium (1917)

topic:

Houses

city:

Bloomington

state:

Indiana

series:

Buildings & Grounds

subseries:

Bloomington

folder:

Houses - Dunn Home