Archives Photograph Collection

preview image
title:

Bookstore

image number:

P0033708

description:

The IU Bookstore seen here was built in 1925 and was located about halfway between Owen Hall and Maxwell Hall. In 1928, a fifteen foot addition was added to the back of the building (compare this image with image P0033704). When the IU Bookstore moved into the Indiana Memorial Union building in 1932, this building was moved to the intersection of Seventh Street and Sluss Avenue at which time it became a carpenter shop.

For a hand-tinted version of this image see image P0033705.

date taken:

Circa 1931

building name:

Bookstore (1925)

building name:

Carpenter Shop (1925)

corporate name:

Bookstore

corporate name:

Carpenter Shop

corporate name:

Physical Plant

topic:

Bookstores

topic:

Carpenter shops

topic:

Exterior

city:

Bloomington

state:

Indiana

other place name:

Old Crescent

series:

Buildings & Grounds

subseries:

Bookstore (old)