Archives Photograph Collection

preview image
title:

Bloomington High School

image number:

P0033707

description:

This building was sold to the City of Bloomington in 1897 and was used for many years as Bloomington High School. The entire third floor, including the central tower and all gables, was removed in 1935. The building was razed in June of 1965. The current (2012) arch near the southwest corner of Seminary Park includes the door archway seen at the center of the building.

date taken:

Circa 1919 ?

photographer studio:

Shaw, Chas. Gilbert (Bloomington, Ind.)

copyright owner:

Shaw, Chas. Gilbert (Bloomington, Ind.)

building name:

Old College Building (1855)

building name:

First University Building (1855)

building name:

Bloomington High School (1855)

building name:

Second College Building (1855)

topic:

Exterior

city:

Bloomington

state:

Indiana

other place name:

Seminary Square

series:

Buildings & Grounds

subseries:

Seminary Square

folder:

First "University Building" - 1855 (a.k.a. Second College Building)