Archives Photograph Collection

preview image
title:

Bookstore

image number:

P0033704

description:

The IU Bookstore seen here was built in 1925 and was located about halfway between Owen Hall and Maxwell Hall. In 1928, a fifteen foot addition was added to the back of the building. When the IU Bookstore moved into the Indiana Memorial Union building in 1932, this building was moved to the intersection of Seventh Street and Sluss Avenue at which time it became a carpenter shop. It was later used by the Department of Military Science and Tactics.

This image appears on page 201 of the 1926 Arbutus yearbook, and page 346 of the 1928 Arbutus yearbook.

This image appears on page 7 of the September 1946 edition of the Indiana Alumni Magazine.

date taken:

Circa 1925

building name:

Bookstore (1925)

building name:

Carpenter Shop (1925)

corporate name:

Bookstore

corporate name:

Physical Plant

corporate name:

Carpenter Shop

corporate name:

Military Department

topic:

Bookstores

topic:

Carpenter shops

topic:

Exterior

city:

Bloomington

state:

Indiana

other place name:

Old Crescent

series:

Buildings & Grounds

subseries:

Bookstore (old)