Archives Photograph Collection

preview image
title:

Construction of Smith Hall in the Collins LLC

image number:

P0031088

description:

This image can be found in the family photograph album of Professor of Chemistry, Robert E. Lyons. The image shows Washington Hall nearing completion in 1923 or 1924. Washington Hall was renamed South Hall in 1925, and then Ulysses H. Smith Hall in 1959. The building is part of the Ralph L. Collins Living Learning Center located at the southwest corner of Tenth Street and Woodlawn Avenue.

date taken:

1923 or 1924

accession number:

2003/106

building name:

Washington Hall (1924)

building name:

South Hall (1924)

building name:

Smith Hall, Ulysses H. (1924)

topic:

Construction

topic:

Dormitories

topic:

Exterior

city:

Bloomington

state:

Indiana

other place name:

Woodlawn Avenue

other place name:

Collins Living-Learning Center, Ralph L.

series:

Individuals

subseries:

Lyons, Robert Edward

folder:

Family Album