Archives Photograph Collection

preview image
title:

Service and Stores Building

image number:

P0030726

description:

Renovation on the old Services and Stores building was completed in 1954. The Journalism Department began occupying its new offices in August 1954. The Board of Trustees renamed the building "Ernie Pyle Hall" during their meeting of July 3, 1954. The renovated building was dedicated on October 10, 1954.

date taken:

1938

film code:

Eastman - Safety - Kodak 40

photographer studio:

Photographic Services

donor image number:

754

accession number:

2000/003

copyright owner:

Indiana University

building name:

Stores & Services Building (1938)

building name:

Pyle Hall, Ernie (1938)

corporate name:

Journalism, School of

topic:

Storage facilities

topic:

Exterior

city:

Bloomington

state:

Indiana

series:

Buildings & Grounds

subseries:

Campus File

folder:

University Buildings / Ernie Pyle Hall