Archives Photograph Collection

preview image
title:

Blocks College Shop

image number:

P0024682

description:

The building was original constructed on the southwest corner of Kirkwood and Indiana avenues to house the second incarnation of The Book Nook run by the Costas brothers. Later it became Blocks College Shop. The last entity was a video arcade called The Spaceport. The building was razed to make way for the present day (2016) Carmichael Center.

This image scanned from page 477 of the 1955 Arbutus yearbook.

date taken:

1955

building name:

Block's College Shop

building name:

Book Nook, The

building name:

Carmichael Center

corporate name:

Block's College Shop

corporate name:

Book Nook, The

corporate name:

Spaceport, The

topic:

Clothing stores

topic:

Exterior

city:

Bloomington

state:

Indiana

other place name:

Indiana Avenue

other place name:

Kirkwood Avenue

series:

Buildings & Grounds