Archives Photograph Collection

preview image
title:

Sundial

image number:

P0022921

description:

The sundial was erected on the Seminary Campus in 1868 and moved to its present location in front of Maxwell Hall and the Student Building in 1896.

The ashes of Otto Paul and Mathilde Zwicker Klopsch were spread on that spot in 1935 by their son.

The urn that contained the ashes can be seen in the Archives.

This image scanned from page 15 of the November 1898 issue of The Alumnus.

This image appears on page 263 of the 1897 Arbutus yearbook.

date taken:

1898

photographer studio:

Brannon (as artist)

topic:

Sundials

city:

Bloomington

state:

Indiana

other place name:

Old Crescent

other place name:

Seminary Square

series:

Buildings & Grounds

subseries:

Sundial (Klopsch)