Archives Photograph Collection

preview image
title:

Fergies Drive In and the intersection of Third and Jordan

image number:

P0022789

description:

Fergies Drive in was in operation at this location from about 1949 through 1965. It was owned by Jay Dale "Fergie" Ferguson who died in 1989. Fergies was a student high school hangout for those that attended University School.

The gas station on the southwest corner was later added on to and is today (2016) the Village Pantry.

date taken:

1959 March 2

film code:

Kodak - - Safety - - Film

photographer studio:

Photographic Services

photographer studio:

Meitzler, Bill

donor image number:

59-714.2

accession number:

2000/003

copyright owner:

Indiana University

building name:

Fergies Drive In

building name:

D-X Gas Station

corporate name:

Fergies Drive In

corporate name:

D-X Oil Company

corporate name:

Marathon Oil Corporation

corporate name:

B.F. Goodrich

corporate name:

Coca Cola

corporate name:

Village Pantry

topic:

Gasoline pumps

topic:

Gasoline

topic:

Drive-in restaurants

topic:

Restaurants

topic:

Bloomington (Downtown & General Street Scenes)

topic:

Student hangouts

city:

Bloomington

state:

Indiana

other place name:

Jordan Avenue

other place name:

Third Street

other place name:

Third Street (1400 East)

series:

Buildings & Grounds

subseries:

Off Campus

folder:

Organization & Downtown