Archives Photograph Collection

preview image
title:

E. W. Kelley at the public announcement of his gift to the IU School of Business

image number:

P0022712

description:

An Oct. 27, 1997 IU News Bureau release about the event reads, in part: "Indiana University announced today (Oct. 27) the naming of its School of Business in honor of philanthropist E. W. Kelley, whose most recent gift to IU will create...The Kelley Scholars Program...Many in the University community learned of both developments Saturday (Oct. 25) at a private dinner to kick off a new capital campaign...but the gift and school's naming are being made public today at a news conference in Indianapolis...In addition to the new scholarship program....[Kelley] has provided financial support for several student scholarships and three buildings at IU Kokomo - the Kelley Student Center, the Kelley House and the new campus library. In 1969, he also established the business school's first fully funded chair, the E.W. Kelley Chair in Marketing/Accounting, at IU Bloomington."

date taken:

1997 October 27

photographer studio:

Miller, Tyagan

accession number:

2012/070.4

copyright owner:

Miller, Tyagan

use restrictions:

Any and all requests for use of this image should be made to Tyagan Miller, Bloomington, Indiana.

personal name:

Kelley, Estel Wood "Ed"

corporate name:

Business, School of

corporate name:

Class of 1939

corporate name:

Steak 'n Shake

topic:

Gifts

topic:

Philanthropy

city:

Indianapolis

state:

Indiana

series:

Individuals