Archives Photograph Collection

preview image
title:

Indiana School of Religion

image number:

P0022315

description:

The building today (2015) is located on the southeast corner of Third Street and Indiana Avenue.

Kappa Sigma occupied this house from the 1914/1915 school year through the 1919/1920 school year.

An article on page 4 of the February 7, 1920 issue of The Indiana Daily Student (with an image of this house) reads, in part: "Kappa Sigma Fraternity House Has Been Sold...The Kappa Sigma House, owned by Mrs. Angelyn H. Serrill of Detroit, has been sold to Dean J.C. Todd, head of the Indiana School of Religion...The house was erected by Kent Rhorer in 1908...The purchase price was $12,000...The house will be used for a residence hall for University girls..."

date taken:

1956 March 2

film code:

Kodak - - Safety - - Film

photographer studio:

Photographic Services

donor image number:

56-1033

accession number:

2000/003

copyright owner:

Indiana University

building name:

Kappa Sigma

building name:

Indiana School of Religion

building name:

Indiana School of Religion (Residence of the Dean)

building name:

Poynter Center for the Studey of Ethics and American Institutions

corporate name:

Indiana School of Religion

corporate name:

Kappa Sigma

corporate name:

Poynter Center for the Studey of Ethics and American Institutions

topic:

Houses

topic:

Fraternal lodges

topic:

Exterior

city:

Bloomington

state:

Indiana

other place name:

Third Street (618 East)

series:

Buildings & Grounds

subseries:

Campus File

folder:

Building Sites Old Housing and Real Estate