Archives Photograph Collection

preview image
title:

Reading room of Maxwell Hall library

image number:

P0022244

description:

Note: this image shows the reading room of the library when in it was in use as the general library of Indiana University. This room later became the reading room of the library of the Law School when the general library moved to what is known today as Franklin Hall.

date taken:

1903 ?

photographer studio:

Bass & Woodworth (Indianapolis, Indiana)

accession number:

2315

building name:

Maxwell Hall, David H. and James D. (1890)

building name:

Library Hall (1890)

corporate name:

Law, School of

corporate name:

Libraries, IU

topic:

Libraries (Rooms & spaces)

topic:

Studying

city:

Bloomington

state:

Indiana

other place name:

Old Crescent

series:

Buildings & Grounds

subseries:

Maxwell Hall, David H. and James D.

folder:

Library/Law Library