Archives Photograph Collection

preview image
title:

Aerial showing locations of trailer parks north of campus

image number:

P0020347

description:

The trailer court located at upper-left at the corner of Dunn and 17th Street (just below and to the left of the football stadium) is the old Salmon's Trailer Towne (1200 North Indiana Avenue) that was owned by William and Margaret Salmon. In 1966, Mr. Salmon sold the trailer court to the Hoosier Realty Corp. of the IU Foundation. Part of this site today (2014) is the IU Credit Union. A March 9, 1966 IU News Bureau release regarding the sale notes that "The eight-acre enterprise...includes a residence, utility buildings and utility services for 100 trailers."

This is a detail from a 1949 aerial image of Bloomington that can be found on the Indiana Spatial Data Portal's Historic Bloomington Aerial Photos site here: http://gis.iu.edu/datasetInfo/local/bloomington_historic.php

The specific image number at that site is 93-1949 (NOTE: the original images are housed with the Bloomington City Engineers.)

date taken:

1961 March 10

donor image number:

117-1961

use restrictions:

Any and all requests for use of this image should be made through the entities noted in the description field above.

corporate name:

Salmon's Trailer Towne

topic:

Aerial views

topic:

Trailers

city:

Bloomington

state:

Indiana

other place name:

Seventeenth Street

other place name:

Dunn Street

other place name:

Indiana Avenue

other place name:

Fee Lane

other place name:

Walnut Grove Street (North)

other place name:

Fess Avenue (North)

other place name:

Park Avenue (North)

other place name:

Woodlawn Avenue (North)

other place name:

Forrest Avenue (North)

other place name:

Thirteenth Street (East)

other place name:

Fourteenth Street (East)

other place name:

Fifteenth Street (East)

other place name:

Seventeenth Street (East)

other place name:

Indiana Avenue (1200 North)

series:

Buildings & Grounds