Archives Photograph Collection

preview image
title:

Maxwell Hall

image number:

P0020049

description:

Originally built as a library in 1890 and named Library Hall. When the old Maxwell Hall (built in 1885) was renamed Mitchell Hall (in honor of James L. Mitchell), Library Hall was then renamed Maxwell Hall in honor of Dr. David Maxwell and Dr. James H. Maxwell. Both name changes were made by the Indiana University Board of Trustees on March 22, 1894.

date taken:

circa 1910

accession number:

6043

building name:

Library Hall (1890)

building name:

Maxwell Hall, David H. and James D. (1890)

corporate name:

Law, School of

topic:

Exterior

city:

Bloomington

state:

Indiana

series:

Buildings & Grounds

subseries:

Maxwell Hall, David H. and James D.